• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Working with Tile height Levels
Hi, I have just purchased this map editor and after some trial and error I got it to work, still figuring things out bit by bit. But would it be possible to change the maps height to a flat place? I want to create something like the varrock museum basement where players have a walkable staircase on which they can walk onto a wall and stand on top of it while still being able to see the players on a lower level (kind of like the outer walls of castle wars)

Would be sweet if you could put together a small tutorial for all buttons and mouse actions Big Grin

Ps. I was using the Elvarg cache packed with 177 maps which wouldnt load for me (not really an issue, I took the OSRS 177 cache from release thread and used that.. when done ill just save those maps and pack them seperately into my own cache)
Hey. So if I understand it, you're going to want to use a bridge flag on height 1.

The bridge flag acts like this: Takes [clipping, overlays and underlays and tile height] from the tile with the bridge flag, and displays it on the tile below. It can also essentialy allow you to put 2 tiles worth of data on the same tile.

If you want an example of how it's done, you can look at Pest Control towers using the View > Show bridge flags.

Feel free to add me on discord and I can show you in some more detail Smile (It's under Help > Contact me) in the editor
(02-19-2019, 10:16 AM)James Wrote: Hey. So if I understand it, you're going to want to use a bridge flag on height 1.

The bridge flag acts like this: Takes [clipping, overlays and underlays and tile height] from the tile with the bridge flag, and displays it on the tile below. It can also essentialy allow you to put 2 tiles worth of data on the same tile.

If you want an example of how it's done, you can look at Pest Control towers using the View > Show bridge flags.

Feel free to add me on discord and I can show you in some more detail Smile (It's under Help > Contact me) in the editor

Thank you Smile I got it working by copying tiles from pest control and changing it onward, however I was wondering how I can paint (or create) a tile on height 1 if there is nothing there yet? Currently I did this by having 1 ready then copy and pasting that into new positions where I want it to be Tongue

Anyway, awesome tool! Took me some time to figure out but it allows me to make some really cool maps